Redesigning the pond area and other planting
Back from the holidays, I arrived on a beautifully warm and sunny day, so I spent the afternoon at the allotment, clearing the area around the pond.
I weeded it all around (three wheelbarrow loads of weeds!), used the biggest of the innumerable flint stones on the plot to draw a nice border around the rose bushes, hostas and other plants already there, divided the clumps of Primula vulgaris that were congested, hidden under the canopy of weeds, and planted them nicely all over the border: I am very pleased!
In the next couple of months I will plant wild flowers all around: chamomile - which I love - and a couple of mixed seeds packets.
Today I had also received a plant of gooseberry and three strawberries, so I planted those as well: I will be very well off with soft fruit if all those I planted are going to carry fruits!
As the day seemed neverending (I stayed until 5 and it was still light!) I also managed to put a little bit more order in the shed...
Look forward to the weekend, now, to plant the onions (they are taking the first place the potatoes lost, I will end up having too many!!!)