Today it was raining, so it was the perfect time to do the preliminary stockcheck of the bed I've been working on on the last two weeks, so that's what I did, weeding as I went along. The 5th of 6 beds is almost complete, but the 6th and last is mostly overgrown Cotoneaster, so it will be a challenge...
My manager came out, had another look around, and said my work has had a big impact on the South Canal beds, and I may be proud of what I have achieved.
And so I should, it's been nice of him to say... but at the moment, it is the thought of leaving the plants I have cared for so much that is foremost in my mind.
Anyway, the area looks good. The plants I cut back earlier on are filling up again and look more natural, and pomes are colouring up on all species: Cotoneaster, Crataegus, Malus, Pyrus... while we still have some flowering Spiraea and the Potentilla of course...